Between the day job and the amazing week I just had at the always great php[world] conference, I finally got around to doing my first Homestead box release. Taylor asked me a couple of weeks ago if I’d be interested in helping build the Homestead box and since the project is near and dear to me I said “Absolutely”
The first task was to build the Virtualbox version of the box and that went just fine so I uploaded the box and released version 0.6.0.
I noticed that there hadn’t been a release for the VMWare provider in a couple of versions. Once I bought Fusion and the Plugin for Vagrant I gave building the VMWare version of the box a spin. It’s been years since I’ve used VMWare and I did run into some issues. The box built without errors and seemed to work on my machine™.
If you are using an old version of Homestead with the VMWare provider please update to 0.6.0 and let me know if you run into any issues. If you do you can easily revert back to the previous version by adding the following line to your Homestead.yaml file:
Then destroy and vagrant up to go back to using the old box version. If you do have to roll back please ping me on Twitter and let me know what went wrong so I can try to resolve the issue.